четверг, 11 августа 2011 г.

July's memories

Hello, everyone :)!
Hope, you were glad to read my first small story about the trip to the French coast. It wasn't big, but I think you understood how wonderful these places are!!! Today I would like to continue my blog story, and it will  be about my first impressions about really nice city - Nice!
The Chapter 2. First impressions about Nice
After 2 hours transefing from the airport we arrived to the capital of French Mediterranean coast! It was Nice! Such a  beautiful place!!! There were many amazing white houses, great hotels, awesome parks, and the sea! Yes, the sea was really charming! It had a wonderful colour!
Our hotel was near the sea, so after the transfering we went to the English Promenade. It's the main promenade (very famous for the English rich, who liked walking there in the 19th century) along the Mediterranean in Nice. Firstly, my mom and I were very hungry, so we decided to go the cafe. After a little time, we found a small Italian cafe with the russian menu. The main dish of Nice was the Nice's salad with anchovies. It was really delicious!!! I liked it very much! And drinks, like coca-cola and juices, were much better in Europe! It's true!!! Then, we had a little walking in the main  place - the Place Massena. It has one of the most famous shops, the Gallery Lafayette. Of course, there were many small shops with interesting souvenirs, famous brand clothes, perfume and so on.
This day  the weather, unsurprisingly, wasn't very good. There are lots of dark clouds! But, I decided, that a week is a very small period of time, so I had to go swim. My mother didn't want to go swimming, but I persuaded her. The water was very warm and very salty! This sea is much more salty than the Black sea. But the most unusual thing was the palm trees. I had never seen them before, that's why it was a great pleasure for me! They were so high!!! To tell the truth, these trees ad been brought from other countries, but Nice had a perfect climate, that's why there were so many palm trees in Nice.
It was our first day! We had many impressions, but these impressions were great!!!

At the cafe

The Mediterranean sea

1 комментарий: